Search Hotels in Abergavenny
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Abergavenny are sure to enjoy the riverfront and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Hay Castle, Forest of Dean and Wye Valley.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodation options in Abergavenny
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 34.7 mi (55.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 35.1 mi (56.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Abergavenny
The city's cultural venues include Borough Theatre and Abergavenny Museum and Castle. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as St Mary's Priory Church. Additionally, you might want to add St Bridget's Church Skenfrith to your agenda.
In Hereford, there are 61 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Llansantffraed Court Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Kings Head Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Hay Castle, 16.1 mi/26 km from the city centre, and Forest of Dean, which is 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away.
Getting around Abergavenny
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Abergavenny Station. Abergavenny might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Abergavenny
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 879.20 millimetres of rain falls on Abergavenny each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Abergavenny?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Abergavenny, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Abergavenny?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Abergavenny?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Abergavenny?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Abergavenny?
Where's the best place to stay in Abergavenny to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Abergavenny?
Abergavenny Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Abergavenny by Star Rating
- Hotels near Abergavenny Airports
- Accommodation near Abergavenny Attractions
- More accommodation types in Abergavenny
- Choose Your Abergavenny Hotel Style
- Search Abergavenny Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Abergavenny
- Hotels Near Abergavenny, Wales
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends