History buffs will enjoy exploring Chepstow, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its golf courses, spas and bars. Top sights in the city include Chepstow Racecourse, Tintern Abbey and Wye Valley.
- You'll find 381 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 32.6 mi (52.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chepstow
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Tintern Abbey and Chepstow Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Wye Valley. Golfing is a top activity, and Saint Pierre Park is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Chepstow. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Beaufort Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The George Hotel - Amenities at this 3-star inn include a bar and in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Other top sights in Chepstow include Chepstow Racecourse. Top places to see around the area include Thornbury Castle, 8.8 mi/14.2 km from the city centre, and Forest of Dean, which is 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away.
Getting around Chepstow
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Chepstow Station. Chepstow might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chepstow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Chepstow gets about 879.20 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C