Newport Hotels, Cardiff
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Feb 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newport, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and spas. Top sights around the area include National Museum Cardiff, Cardiff Motorpoint Arena and Cardiff Castle.
- You'll find 378 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 18.6 mi (30 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newport
Favourite family attractions include Newport Wetlands and Dewstow Gardens & Hidden Grottoes. The city is notable for landmarks like Tredegar House, Newport Cathedral and Newport Transporter Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Friars Walk Newport and Belle Vue Park.
Top places to visit outside the city include National Museum Cardiff, 10.4 mi/16.8 km from the city centre, and Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, which is 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away.
Getting around Newport
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Newport Station, Pye Corner Station or Rogerstone Station. Newport may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Newport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Newport gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Newport?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newport, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Newport?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Newport?
What's the best hotel for couples in Newport?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Newport?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Newport?
What's the best high-end hotel in Newport?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Newport?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Newport?
Newport Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Newport by Star Rating
- Hotels near Newport Airports
- Areas of Newport
- Accommodation near Newport Attractions
- More accommodation types in Newport
- Choose Your Newport Hotel Style
- Search Newport Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Newport
- Hotels Near Newport, Cardiff
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends