Visitors can enjoy all that Monmouth has to offer including the golf courses, monuments and museums. The countryside and secluded setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Forest of Dean, Thornbury Castle and Wye Valley.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Monmouth
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 28.7 mi (46.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 37.5 mi (60.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monmouth
Favourite places to visit in the city include Wye Valley, St Mary's Priory Church and The Rolls of Monmouth. Additionally, in the area you'll find Forest of Dean and Thornbury Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Monmouth. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- #7 Church Street - Amenities at this 4-star inn include a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Church Farm Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffee machine.
Popular places to visit around the area include Tintern Abbey, located 7.9 mi (12.6 km) from the city centre, and Chepstow Racecourse, which is 10.6 mi/17.1 km away.
Dressing for Monmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Monmouth each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C