Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Usk, which is also known for its spas and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's jazz scene and festivals. Forest of Dean, Thornbury Castle and Clevedon Court are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 405 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Usk
Notable city landmarks like Usk Castle and Raglan Castle might be worth a visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Forest of Dean and Thornbury Castle.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Usk. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Llangeview Lodge - This 4-star bed & breakfast features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Beaufort Raglan - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Greyhound Inn & Hotel - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Top places to visit outside the city include Clevedon Court, located 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the city centre, and Castell Coch (Red Castle), which is 18.8 mi/30.3 km away.
Dressing for Usk
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Usk gets about 879.20 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C