Visitors to Pontypool are sure to enjoy the cafes, restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. Castell Coch (Red Castle), National Museum Cardiff and Llandaff Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 378 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontypool
The city's cultural venues include Big Pit National Coal Museum and Blaenavon Ironworks. Additionally, you might want to add Pontypool Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Pontypool. This is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Castell Coch (Red Castle), located 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre, and National Museum Cardiff, which is 17.4 mi/28 km away.
Getting around Pontypool
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Pontypool & New Inn Station. Pontypool might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pontypool
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Pontypool each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C