History buffs will enjoy exploring Welshpool, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Cosy and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Lake Vyrnwy.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Welshpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 50.5 mi (81.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Welshpool
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Powis Castle and Glansevern Hall Gardens. Additionally, you'll find Lake Vyrnwy in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 35 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Welshpool. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Vine House - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- The Red Lion Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 2-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffee machine.
- Royal Oak Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and central location.
Getting around Welshpool
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Welshpool Station. Welshpool might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Welshpool
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Welshpool gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C