Visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas in Oswestry, which is also known for its lakeside setting and bars. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. A top sight in the city is Lake Vyrnwy.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodation options in Oswestry
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 38.1 mi (61.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Oswestry
The lakes and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Lake Vyrnwy and Park Hall The Countryside Experience. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oswestry Cricket Club and British Ironwork Centre.
In Llangollen, you can choose from 65 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Bryn B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Sweeney Hall - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Wynnstay Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting around Oswestry
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Gobowen Station. Oswestry may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Oswestry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Oswestry each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C