Travellers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Llangollen, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. A top sight in the area is Lake Vyrnwy.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodation options in Llangollen
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 30.9 mi (49.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Llangollen
The city is notable for landmarks like Llangollen Bridge, Pontcysyllte Aquaduct and Valle Crucis Abbey. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Llangollen Canal Trail. Additionally, you might want to add Llangollen Scenic Railway to your agenda.
In Oswestry, you'll find 55 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Four Poster - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Manorhaus Llangollen - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast is a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Gales of Llangollen - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Grosvenor Museum, 21.4 mi/34.4 km from the heart of the city, and Lake Vyrnwy, which is 16.3 mi (26.3 km) away.
Dressing for Llangollen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Llangollen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C