Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wrexham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Top sights around the area include Grosvenor Museum, Chester Cathedral and Chester Zoo.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodation options in Wrexham
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Wrexham
Notable city landmarks like Chirk Castle and Erdigg Hall might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Racecourse Ground and Coed Llandegla Forest.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wrexham. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Grousemoor Country House - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Wynnstay Arms - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Song of the River B&B - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Grosvenor Museum, 10.7 mi/17.2 km from the city centre, and Chester Cathedral, which is 10.9 mi (17.6 km) away.
Getting around Wrexham
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wrexham Central Station, Wrexham General Station or Gwersyllt Station. Wrexham might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Wrexham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Wrexham each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C