Visiting Colwyn Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Colwyn Bay has to offer including the zoo, musical theatre and forests. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Conwy Castle, Mount Snowdon and Great Orme.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Colwyn Bay
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 37.4 mi (60.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Colwyn Bay
The city's natural beauty is on display at National Trust's Bodnant Garden, Colwyn Bay Beach and Rhos-on-Sea Beach. In the area, you'll also find Conwy Castle and Mount Snowdon.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 42 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Colwyn Bay. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bryn Woodlands House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Plas Rhos House - Our customers like the breakfast at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bryn Coed Guest House - Amenities in this 3-star guesthouse include free WiFi and cable TV. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Great Orme, 6.6 mi/10.6 km from the heart of the city, and Zip World Penrhyn Quarry, which is 14.3 mi (23 km) away.
Getting around Colwyn Bay
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Glan Conwy Station, Colwyn Bay Station or Tal-y-Cafn Station. Colwyn Bay might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Colwyn Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Colwyn Bay each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C