History buffs will enjoy exploring Ross-on-Wye, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its riverfront and forests. Top sights around the area include Forest of Dean, Wye Valley and Gloucester Docks.
- There are 86 hotels and other accommodation options in Ross-on-Wye
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 51.8 mi (83.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ross-on-Wye
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Wilton Castle and Goodrich Castle. The city's rivers, countryside and forests provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Wye Valley. Additionally, in the area you'll find Forest of Dean and Gloucester Docks.
In Hereford, there are 86 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lea House Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Kings Head Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Linden Guest House - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Popular places to see around the area include Gloucester Quays, 14.6 mi/23.6 km from the city centre, and Gloucester Cathedral, which is 14.7 mi (23.6 km) away.
Dressing for Ross-on-Wye
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Ross-on-Wye is 30 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C