Visitors to Carmarthen are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and monuments.
- There are 127 hotels and other accommodation options in Carmarthen
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 53.5 mi (86.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carmarthen
The city's cultural venues include Oriel Myrddin and Carmarthenshire County Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Skanda Vale, Carmarthen Castle and Picton Monument. The gardens and countryside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including National Botanic Garden of Wales, Pendine Sands and Llansteffan Beach.
In Llanelli, there are 127 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Llwyn Helyg Country House - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travellers love its clean rooms.
- Llety Cynin - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
- Spilman Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its WiFi and room size.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Swansea Beach, 24.1 mi/38.8 km from the city centre, and Rhossili Beach, which is 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away.
Getting around Carmarthen
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Carmarthen Station. Carmarthen might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Carmarthen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Carmarthen each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 3°C