Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Llanelli, which is also known for its spas and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and golf courses. Swansea Beach, Dylan Thomas Centre and Oystermouth Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodation options in Llanelli
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 41.8 mi (67.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Llanelli
Favourite places to visit in the city include Parc y Scarlets, Glyn Abbey Golf Club and Plas Llanelly House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Llyn Llech Owain Country Park and WWT Llanelli Wetland Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Llanelli. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stradey Park Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Baltic Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this inn. With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Coastal Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Swansea Beach, 12.1 mi/19.5 km from the city centre, and Dylan Thomas Centre, which is 12.3 mi (19.8 km) away.
Getting around Llanelli
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Llangennech Station, Llanelli Station or Bynea Station. Llanelli may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Llanelli
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Llanelli each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C