Travellers to Swansea give high marks for the bustling marina and lively bar scene. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its festivals and university setting. Top sights in the city include Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea Beach and Oystermouth Castle.
- There are 150 hotels and other accommodation options in Swansea
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 30.1 mi (48.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Swansea
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Dylan Thomas Centre, Grand Theatre and National Waterfront Museum. Attractions like Plantasia, LC Swansea and National Trust Rhossili Shop & Visitor Centre are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Oystermouth Castle, Oxwich Castle and Swansea Guildhall.
In Llanelli, there are 150 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Mirador Town House - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Myrtle Cottage B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Western House B and B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Llangennith, Llanmadoc and Cheriton features free breakfast and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Other favourite sights in Swansea include Swansea Beach, Singleton Park and Rhossili Beach. Outside the city, top places to visit include Aberavon Beach, located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Rhondda Valley, which is 22.9 mi/36.9 km away.
Getting around Swansea
With so many transport options, exploring all of Swansea is simple. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Swansea Station, Llansamlet Station or Gowerton Station. You can explore your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Swansea
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Swansea gets about 739.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 3°C