Visiting Port Talbot
Visitors to Port Talbot are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea Beach and Oystermouth Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Port Talbot
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 15 mi (24.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 22.1 mi (35.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Talbot
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Aberavon Beach and Go Ape at Margam Port Talbot. Additionally, you might want to add Margam Castle to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Port Talbot. Here's a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blanco's Hotel Port Talbot - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Dylan Thomas Centre, 9.3 mi/15 km from the city centre, and Swansea Beach, which is 10.4 mi (16.8 km) away.
Getting around Port Talbot
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Port Talbot Parkway Station or Baglan Station. Port Talbot might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Port Talbot
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Port Talbot gets about 957 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C