Visitors can enjoy all that Porthcawl has to offer including the seaside, restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea Beach and Oystermouth Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 378 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Porthcawl
The city's natural beauty is on display at Porthcawl Rest Bay Beach, Pink Bay Beach and Newton Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Royal Porthcawl Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Porthcawl. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mary House - This 3-star guesthouse is a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- The Fairways Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Brentwood Hotel - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to visit in the area include Dylan Thomas Centre, located 13.6 mi (21.8 km) from the city centre, and Swansea Beach, which is 14 mi (22.5 km) away.
Dressing for Porthcawl
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 957 millimetres of rain falls on Porthcawl each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C