Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Pontyclun, which is also known for its spas and golf courses. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Castell Coch (Red Castle), Museum of Welsh Life (Welsh Folk Museum) and Llandaff Cathedral.
- You'll find 380 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontyclun
A favourite place to visit in the city is The Royal Mint Experience. Additionally, in the area you'll find Castell Coch (Red Castle) and Museum of Welsh Life (Welsh Folk Museum).
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Pontyclun. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Llanerch Vineyard - This 5-star guesthouse features a winery, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Lanelay Hall - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this B&B. This 5-star bed & breakfast in Talbot Green features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free parking.
- Haveli Hotel - This 2-star hotel in Talbot Green features a restaurant, a fitness centre and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Popular places to visit around the area include Llandaff Cathedral, 7.7 mi/12.4 km from the heart of the city, and Cardiff Castle, which is 9.5 mi/15.3 km away.
Getting around Pontyclun
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Pontyclun Station or Llanharan Station. Pontyclun might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Pontyclun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 957 millimetres of rain falls on Pontyclun each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C