History buffs enjoy visiting Neath though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls and golf courses. Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea Beach and Oystermouth Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Neath
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 26.8 mi (43.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Neath
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Gwyn Hall and Neath Abbey Ruins. The city's natural beauty is on display at Victoria Gardens, Aberdulais Falls and Melincourt Waterfall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Neath Golf Club and Henrhyd Waterfall.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Neath. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Swansea - East - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- The Towers Hotel and Spa - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
- The Lamb and Flag - Amenities at this 3.5-star inn include parking. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Top places to see outside the city include Dylan Thomas Centre, located 6.2 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre, and Swansea Beach, which is 7.5 mi (12 km) away.
Getting around Neath
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Neath Station, Briton Ferry Station or Skewen Station. Neath may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Neath
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 960.70 millimetres of rain falls on Neath each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C