Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2020
Visitors to Kidwelly are sure to enjoy the cathedrals and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and gardens. Around the area, top sights include Oxwich Castle, Swansea Beach and Oystermouth Castle.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Kidwelly
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 14.8 mi (23.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 48.4 mi (77.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kidwelly
The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks such as Kidwelly Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Llansteffan Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kidwelly Industrial Museum and Glyn Abbey Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Kidwelly. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Three Rivers Hotel & Spa is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Kidwelly can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Middle Mill is located in the heart of Kidwelly. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Kidwelly features free parking.
- Ferryside Farm is located within 2.6 mi (4.2 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Kidwelly can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Oxwich Castle, located 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city centre, and Swansea Beach, which is 18 mi (28.9 km) away.
Getting around Kidwelly
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Kidwelly Station or Ferryside Station. Kidwelly might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kidwelly
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Kidwelly each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kidwelly?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kidwelly, will I receive a refund?
Kidwelly Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kidwelly by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kidwelly Airports
- Accommodation near Kidwelly Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kidwelly
- Choose Your Kidwelly Hotel Style
- Search Kidwelly Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kidwelly
- Hotels Near Kidwelly, Wales
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends