Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Brecon, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cathedral. Around the area, top sights include Hay Castle, Pen y Fan and Royal Welsh Showground.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodation options in Brecon
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 36.9 mi (59.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 38.7 mi (62.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brecon
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Pen y Fan and Pwll-y-wrach Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Brecon Cathedral and Brecon Golf Club.
In Hereford, you'll find 58 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Grange Guest House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Town House at Brecon - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar.
- Alltybrain Farm Cottages - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include a terrace and an in-room coffee machine. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Hay Castle, 14.9 mi/24 km from the city centre, and Royal Welsh Showground, which is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) away.
Dressing for Brecon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Brecon gets about 957 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C