Travellers to Pontypridd give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, churches and local tours. Top sights around the area include Castell Coch (Red Castle), Museum of Welsh Life (Welsh Folk Museum) and Llandaff Cathedral.
- You'll find 381 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 14.9 mi (23.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 30.9 mi (49.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontypridd
A favourite place to visit in the city is Rhondda Valley. Additionally, in the area you'll find Castell Coch (Red Castle) and Museum of Welsh Life (Welsh Folk Museum).
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Pontypridd. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Central Guest House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Heritage Park Hotel & Leisure Club - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Llandaff Cathedral, located 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city centre, and National Museum Cardiff, which is 11.5 mi/18.5 km away.
Getting around Pontypridd
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Pontypridd Station, Trehafod Station or Treforest Station. Pontypridd might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pontypridd
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Pontypridd gets about 960.70 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C