Budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Barry though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, churches and gardens. Top sights in the city include Barry Island Pleasure Park and Barry Island Beach.
- You'll find 378 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 24.3 mi (39.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barry
Top places to visit in the city include Barry Island Pleasure Park and Barry Island Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Brynhill Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Barry. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Three Horseshoes - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fox & Hounds - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Limpert Bay Guest House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Museum of Welsh Life (Welsh Folk Museum), located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre, and Techniquest, which is 5.8 mi/9.3 km away.
Getting around Barry
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Barry Docks Station, Cadoxton Station or Barry Station. Barry might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Barry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Barry gets about 32 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C