Visitors to Penarth are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, coffee shops and spas. Techniquest, Cardiff Bay and Wales Millennium Centre are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 381 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Penarth
A couple of favourite places to visit are Cardiff Bay and Cardiff International Sports Village. In the area, you'll also find Techniquest and Wales Millennium Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Penarth. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holm House Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Cefn Mably Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Principality Stadium, located 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city centre, and Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, which is 4 mi/6.4 km away.
Getting around Penarth
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Dinas Powys Station, Eastbrook Station or Penarth Station. Penarth may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Penarth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 960.70 millimetres of rain falls on Penarth each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C