Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Porthmadog, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Mount Snowdon, Harlech Castle and Caernarfon Castle are some of the top sights around the area. In Porthmadog, there are 43 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Porthmadog
A favourite place to visit in the city is Black Rock Sands. In the area, you'll also find Mount Snowdon and Harlech Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Porthmadog. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Aberdunant Hall - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Golden Fleece Inn Tremadog - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Caernarfon Castle, located 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city centre, and Barmouth Beach, which is 15.2 mi/24.5 km away.
Getting around Porthmadog
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Porthmadog Station. Porthmadog might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Porthmadog
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Porthmadog gets about 733.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C