History buffs will enjoy exploring Llanberis, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its mountain views and museums. Mount Snowdon, Conwy Castle and Zip World Penrhyn Quarry are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Llanberis
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 53.7 mi (86.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Llanberis
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Dolbadurn Castle. The mountains and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Pen-y-Pass and Pyg Track. In the area, you'll also find Mount Snowdon and Conwy Castle.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Llanberis. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- YHA Snowdon Pen-Y-Pass - Hostel - Amenities at this 4-star hostel include a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and convenient parking.
- The Padarn Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Royal Victoria Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Zip World Penrhyn Quarry, located 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city centre, and Caernarfon Castle, which is 8.1 mi/13 km away.
Getting around Llanberis
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Snowdon Mountain Railway. Llanberis might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Llanberis
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 733.60 millimetres of rain falls on Llanberis each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C