Visitors to Bangor are sure to enjoy the university setting, mountain views and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights around the area include Mount Snowdon, Conwy Castle and Zip World Penrhyn Quarry.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Bangor
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 51.8 mi (83.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bangor
Notable city landmarks like Menai Bridge and Penrhyn Castle might be worth a visit. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Bangor University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Zip World Penrhyn Quarry and St Tysilio's Church.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Bangor. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Slate - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Pant Teg - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free parking and free WiFi.
- Ashbrook Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Mount Snowdon, 8.3 mi/13.4 km from the city centre, and Conwy Castle, which is 12.4 mi (20 km) away.
Getting around Bangor
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Bangor Station. Bangor might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bangor
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 733.60 millimetres of rain falls on Bangor each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C