Search Hotels in Thetford
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 27 Feb 2020
Travellers to Thetford give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its forests and cafes. A top sight in the area is High Lodge Thetford Forest.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodation options in Thetford
- The closest major airport is in Norwich (NWI-Norwich Intl.), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 30.7 mi (49.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thetford
Cultural venues in the city include Charles Burrell Museum, Ancient House Museum of Thetford Life and Dad's Army Museum. Notable city landmarks like St. Martin Cathedral and Watton Clock Tower might be worth a visit. The forests, gardens and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Lynford's Stag and Arboretum and Wayland Wood.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Thetford. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elveden Inn - This 5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Lynford Hall Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Broom Hall Country Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Ely Cathedral, 20.7 mi/33.3 km from the city centre, and High Lodge Thetford Forest, which is 5.5 mi (8.8 km) away.
Getting around Thetford
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Thetford Station. Thetford might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Thetford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Thetford gets about 584.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Thetford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Thetford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Thetford?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Thetford?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Thetford?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Thetford?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Thetford?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Thetford?
Thetford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Thetford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Thetford Airports
- Accommodation near Thetford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Thetford
- Choose Your Thetford Hotel Style
- Search Thetford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Thetford
- Hotels Near Thetford, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends