Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Huntingdon, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Around the area, top sights include Church of St Mary the Great, Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and Ely Cathedral.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodation options in Huntingdon
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 32.3 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Huntingdon
Notable city landmarks like Island Hall and The Manor at Hemingford Grey might be worth a visit. Bird watching is a top activity, and Raptor Foundation is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add The Cromwell Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Huntingdon. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pointers Guest House - Amenities at this 5-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Eagle Mill - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Church of St Mary the Great, 15.4 mi/24.8 km from the heart of the city, and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, which is 15.7 mi (25.2 km) away.
Getting around Huntingdon
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Huntingdon Station. Huntingdon may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Huntingdon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Huntingdon gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C