Visiting St Ives
Guests will want to experience the bars, restaurants and boating in St Ives. Welcoming and cosy, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its coffeehouses.
- There are 3 St Ives hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around St Ives
- Wayside Museum and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences are popular cultural attractions
- Church of St Mary the Great and Ely Cathedral are noteworthy landmarks
- The rivers and countryside highlight the natural beauty, and Paxton Pits Nature Reserve, The River Cam, and Jesus Green are several places worth visiting
Getting around St Ives
There are many transport options in St Ives. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in St Ives
You might like one of these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Old Ferry Boat St Ives
- Oliver's Lodge Hotel
Old Ferry Boat St Ives, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.7 out of 5 user rating. Also Oliver's Lodge Hotel has a 3 rating by guests.
Dressing for St Ives
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- St Ives gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year