Hotels in Cambridge, United Kingdom
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 20 Oct 2020
Travellers to Cambridge give high marks for the university vibe, riverfront and beautiful gardens. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its museums and art. Top sights in the city include Church of St Mary the Great, Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and Cambridge Corn Exchange.
- There are 371 hotels and other accommodation options in Cambridge
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cambridge
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, Cambridge Corn Exchange and Imperial War Museum Duxford. The city is notable for landmarks like Church of St Mary the Great, King's College Chapel and Bridge of Sighs. The rivers and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Parker's Piece, The Backs and Jesus Green.
Top places to see around the area include Ely Cathedral, located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city centre, and Newmarket Racecourse, which is 11.3 mi (18.1 km) away.
Getting around Cambridge
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Cambridge Station, Cambridge North Station or Shelford Station. Cambridge might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Cambridge
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Cambridge gets about 659.10 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Cambridge?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cambridge, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Cambridge?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Cambridge?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Cambridge?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Cambridge?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Cambridge?
What's the best boutique hotel in Cambridge?
Cambridge Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Cambridge by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cambridge Airports
- Areas of Cambridge
- Accommodation near Cambridge Attractions
- More accommodation types in Cambridge
- Choose Your Cambridge Hotel Style
- Search Cambridge Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Cambridge
- Hotels Near Cambridge, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends