Visitors to Diss are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Top sights around the area include Norwich Theatre Royal, Norwich Castle and High Lodge Thetford Forest.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Diss
- The closest major airport is in Norwich (NWI-Norwich Intl.), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 49.3 mi (79.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Diss
A couple of favourite places to visit are Bressingham Steam and Gardens and The 95th Bomb Group Hospital Museum. In the area, you'll also find Norwich Theatre Royal and Norwich Castle.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Diss. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Diss by Verve - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Bell Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and a bar.
A popular place to see outside the city is High Lodge Thetford Forest, located 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Diss
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Diss Station. Diss might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Diss
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Diss each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C