Hotels in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 14 Aug 2020
Travellers to Nottingham give high marks for the lively bar scene, university vibe and theatre. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its forests, shopping and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Theatre Royal, Nottingham Contemporary and Galleries of Justice Museum.
- There are 216 hotels and other accommodation options in Nottingham
- The closest major airport is in Nottingham (NQT), 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 11.5 mi (18.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nottingham
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Theatre Royal, Nottingham Contemporary and Galleries of Justice Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like St Mary's Church, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem and Nottingham Cathedral. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to The Cornerhouse, Victoria Centre Shopping Mall and Bridlesmith Gate.
Other favourite sights in Nottingham include Nottingham Castle, Motorpoint Arena Nottingham and National Water Sports Centre. Top places to see around the area include Sherwood Forest Country Park, located 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city centre, and Ashby de la Zouch Castle, which is 19.5 mi/31.4 km away.
Getting around Nottingham
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Nottingham Station, Netherfield Station or Carlton Station. Nottingham might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Nottingham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Nottingham gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Nottingham?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Nottingham, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Nottingham?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Nottingham?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Nottingham?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Nottingham?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Nottingham?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Nottingham?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Nottingham?
Nottingham Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Nottingham by Star Rating
- Hotels near Nottingham Airports
- Areas of Nottingham
- Accommodation near Nottingham Attractions
- More accommodation types in Nottingham
- Choose Your Nottingham Hotel Style
- Search Nottingham Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Nottingham
- Hotels Near Nottingham, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends