Search Hotels in Ely
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Travellers give high marks for the cathedral in Ely, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, temples and local tours. Top sights around the area include Ely Cathedral, Church of St Mary the Great and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Ely
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 34.8 mi (56 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ely
Cultural venues in the city include Ted Coney's Family Portraits, Babylon Gallery and Ely Museum. The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Ely Cathedral and Oliver Cromwell's House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve and Jubilee Gardens.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Ely. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Gate House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Barge Waternimf - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Swan on the River - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Church of St Mary the Great, located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the heart of the city, and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, which is 14.4 mi/23.2 km away.
Getting around Ely
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Ely Station, Ely Littleport Station or Shippea Hill Station. Ely may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ely
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Ely gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 1°C