Hotels in Rome, Italy
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 10 Aug 2020
Where to stay in Rome
Rome City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,362 area reviews)
Trevi Fountain and Piazza Venezia are a few top attractions in Rome City Centre. Hop around the city on the metro at Barberini Station or Spagna Station and check out the area's fascinating museums, stunning cathedral and stunning river views.
4/5Very Good!(295 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums and stunning cathedral, there's plenty to explore in Vatican. Check out top attractions like Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, and jump on the metro at Ottaviano - San Pietro - Musei Vaticani Station or Cipro Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(537 area reviews)
Travellers come to Navona for its cosy cafes, and you can see top attractions like Piazza Navona and Campo de' Fiori while you're in town.
4.5/5Wonderful!(649 area reviews)
Relax in wine bars and restaurants, take a walking tour and discover the famous Colosseum and other historic sites in one of Rome’s prominent districts.
4/5Very Good!(1 area review)
Lake Bracciano is noteworthy for its lake views, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Lake Bracciano and Castello Odescalchi.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Rome, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, important monuments and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its art, architecture and local tours. Top sights in the city include Via del Corso, Piazza di Spagna and Spanish Steps.
- There are 10658 hotels and other accommodation options in Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rome
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Teatro dell'Opera di Roma, National Gallery of Modern Art and Roman Forum. Attractions like Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Bioparco di Roma are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its historic sites, cathedrals and monuments, the city's landmarks include Piazza di Spagna, Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
In Fiumicino, there are 10658 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 900 Piazza del Popolo - This townhouse in Flaminio features free breakfast, free WiFi and concierge services. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Rhea Silvia Luxury Rooms Spagna - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this guesthouse. Located in Rome City Centre, this guesthouse features a free stocked minibar and free WiFi.
- La Gaura Guest House - This guesthouse in Ostia Antica features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its breakfast and convenient parking.
Other favourite sights in Rome include Via del Corso, Piazza del Popolo and Via Veneto. Top places to visit around the area include Marco Simone Golf Club, 9 mi/14.4 km from the city centre, and Villa d'Este, which is 16.8 mi/27.1 km away.
Getting around Rome
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Rome is easy. You can access metro transport at Spagna Station, Barberini Station and Flaminio - Piazza del Popolo Station. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Rome Piazzale Flaminio Station, Rome Termini Station or Rome S. Pietro Station.
Dressing for Rome
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Rome gets about 777.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C