Visitors to Pomezia are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, entertainment choices and shopping. Top sights around the area include Museum of Roman Civilization, Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls and Baths of Caracalla.
- You'll find 11098 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 15.6 mi (25.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pomezia
Favourite places to visit in the city include Zoomarine, Pratica di Mare Air Base and Stabilimento Balneare dei Vigili del Fuoco. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Spiaggia di Torvajanica and arenile pescatori.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Pomezia. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Simon Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Cortese - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Casale di Tormaggiore Villa and Country Suites - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include 2 outdoor pools and an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Museum of Roman Civilization, 11.2 mi/18.1 km from the city centre, and Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, which is 13.1 mi/21.1 km away.
Getting around Pomezia
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Rome Pomezia Santa Palomba Station. Pomezia may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pomezia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 35°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pomezia is 777.30 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 35°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 10°C