Travellers give high marks for the bustling port in Civitavecchia, which is also known for its cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and spas. A top sight in the city is Port of Civitavecchia.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodation options in Civitavecchia
- The closest major airport is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 45.7 mi (73.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Civitavecchia
The city is notable for landmarks like Terme Taurine, Forte Michelangelo and Taurine Baths. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Terme della Ficoncella. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Port of Civitavecchia is one place to visit.
In Santa Marinella, there are 59 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- B&B Fuori Dal Porto - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Samarcanda - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 1-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free cruise terminal shuttle, along with free WiFi.
- Alibrandi Palace - Amenities in this guesthouse include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Civitavecchia
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Civitavecchia is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Civitavecchia Station. You can find out about your options for water transport at the local port.
Dressing for Civitavecchia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- About 777 millimetres of rain falls on Civitavecchia each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C