Visiting Santa Marinella
Visitors to Santa Marinella are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Port of Civitavecchia.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodation options in Santa Marinella
- The closest major airport is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 24.8 mi (40 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 39.2 mi (63.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Marinella
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and La Toscana. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Santa Severa Castle and Archaeological Antiquarium Of Pyrgi.
In Civitavecchia, there are 54 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Delle Palme - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Hotel Cavalluccio Marino - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Port of Civitavecchia, 6.6 mi/10.7 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Santa Marinella
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Santa Marinella Station or Santa Severa Station. Santa Marinella might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Santa Marinella
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- About 762.50 millimetres of rain falls on Santa Marinella each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C