Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Ciampino, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its bars and wineries. Top sights around the area include Museum of Roman Civilization, Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls and Baths of Caracalla.
- You'll find 9486 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 1.2 mi (2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ciampino
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Museum of Roman Civilization, Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls and Baths of Caracalla. Additionally, in the area you'll find Colosseum and Circus Maximus.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Ciampino. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residenza D'Epoca Pietra di Ponente - Amenities at this property include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- La Villetta Suite - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hotel Louis II - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, 9.3 mi/14.9 km from the heart of the city, and Roman Forum, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Getting around Ciampino
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Acqua Acetosa Station, Casabianca Station or Sassone Station. Ciampino might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ciampino
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ciampino is 29 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C