Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Grottaferrata, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Museum of Roman Civilization, Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls and Baths of Caracalla are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 9402 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 4.6 mi (7.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grottaferrata
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Abbazia di San Nilo a Grottaferrata and Tusculum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Lake Albano, Tusculum Park and Castelli Romani Regional Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Museum of Roman Civilization and Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Grottaferrata. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Parkhotel Villa Grazioli is located in central Grottaferrata. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Grottaferrata can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and comfortable rooms.
- Park Hotel Villaferrata is located in the heart of Grottaferrata. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Grottaferrata can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast.
- Villa Abbamer is located within 0.9 mi (1.5 km) of the city centre. This guesthouse in Grottaferrata features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Baths of Caracalla, 11.4 mi/18.4 km from the heart of the city, and Colosseum, which is 11.8 mi (19 km) away.
Dressing for Grottaferrata
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Grottaferrata each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C