Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 5 Aug 2015
Travellers to Huddersfield give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Eureka The National Children's Museum, National Coal Mining Museum and Peak District National Park.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodation options in Huddersfield
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 16.2 mi (26 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Huddersfield
Cultural venues in the city include Lawrence Batley Theatre, Huddersfield Art Gallery and Tolson Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Huddersfield Town Hall, Castle Hill and Emley Moor Station. While football fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at John Smith's Stadium.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Eureka The National Children's Museum, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the heart of the city, and National Coal Mining Museum, which is 6.6 mi (10.7 km) away.
Getting around Huddersfield
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Huddersfield Station, Lockwood Station or Berry Brow Station. Huddersfield might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Huddersfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Huddersfield each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Huddersfield?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Huddersfield, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Huddersfield?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Huddersfield?
What's the best hotel for couples in Huddersfield?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Huddersfield?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Huddersfield?
What's the best accommodation option if you'd like to visit the local casinos in Huddersfield?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Huddersfield?
What's the best hotel in Huddersfield to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Huddersfield?
Huddersfield Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Huddersfield by Star Rating
- Hotels near Huddersfield Airports
- Accommodation near Huddersfield Attractions
- More accommodation types in Huddersfield
- Choose Your Huddersfield Hotel Style
- Search Huddersfield Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Huddersfield
- Hotels Near Huddersfield, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends