Visiting Hope Valley
Guests will want to experience the restaurants, bars and castle in Hope Valley. Cosy and welcoming, this countryside city also attracts visitors with its hiking, coffeehouses and beer.
- There are 16 Hope Valley hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas June is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Hope Valley
- Popular cultural attractions include C Scapes Photo Gallery, Castleton Museum, and Derwent Dam Museum
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Eyam Hall, Beauchief Abbey, and Arts Tower
- The countryside and hiking trails highlight the natural beauty, and Ladybower Reservoir, Peak Cavern, and Speedwell Cavern are several places worth visiting
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Hathersage Swimming Pool or Ponds Forge International Sports Centre
Staying in Hope Valley
With 17 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Hope Valley, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 6 inns ranging from GBP 71 to GBP 151 per night.
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Causeway House B&B
- George Hotel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Causeway House B&B with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating, whereas George Hotel has a 4.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Hope Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Hope Valley each year