Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Rotherham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas. Around the area, top sights include Magna Science Adventure Centre, Ponds Forge International Sports Centre and Millennium Gallery.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Rotherham
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 32.8 mi (52.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rotherham
The city's cultural venues include Clifton Park Museum and South Yorkshire Transport Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Wentworth Woodhouse, Rotherham Minster and Keppel's Column. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are New York Stadium and Rotherham Leisure Complex.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Rotherham. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Restover Lodge Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and quiet location.
- Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Welcome Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Magna Science Adventure Centre, 1.5 mi/2.5 km from the city centre, and Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, which is 5.5 mi (8.9 km) away.
Getting around Rotherham
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Rotherham Central Station, Bolton-upon-Dearne Station or Goldthorpe Station. Rotherham might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Rotherham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Rotherham each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C