Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Burnley, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas, gardens and sporting events. Welcoming and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Bronte Parsonage Museum, Eureka The National Children's Museum and Heaton Park.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Burnley
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burnley
Cultural venues in the city include Towneley Hall, The Weavers' Triangle and Queen Street Mill Textile Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Turf Moor and The Singing Ringing Tree.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Burnley. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Fence Gate Lodge - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travellers love its central location and first-rate property condition.
- The Barley Mow - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this inn. This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Rosehill House Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Bronte Parsonage Museum, 11.8 mi/19 km from the heart of the city, and Eureka The National Children's Museum, which is 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away.
Getting around Burnley
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Burnley Central Station, Burnley Manchester Road Station or Burnley Barracks Station. Burnley might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Burnley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 858.30 millimetres of rain falls on Burnley each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C