Search Hotels in Blackburn
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Mar 2020
Visitors to Blackburn are sure to enjoy the bars and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, art and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Macron Stadium, DW Stadium and Wigan Pier.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Blackburn
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 28 mi (45 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 32.2 mi (51.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Blackburn
Cultural venues in the city include King Georges Hall, Vue Cinema Blackburn and Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery. Top activities include golfing and horse riding, while Blackburn Golf Club, Ewood Park and Blackburn Arena are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Witton Country Park and Blackburn Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Blackburn. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Millstone, Mellor - This 5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Stanley House Hotel & Spa - Our customers love the pool and clean rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Bluebird Inn at Samlesbury - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Macron Stadium, 11.8 mi/19 km from the heart of the city, and DW Stadium, which is 15.6 mi (25 km) away.
Getting around Blackburn
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Blackburn Station, Mill Hill Station or Cherry Tree Station. Blackburn might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Blackburn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Blackburn gets about 867 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C