Visitors can enjoy all that Clitheroe has to offer including its forests. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and countryside setting. Bronte Parsonage Museum, Forest of Bowland and Malham Cove are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Clitheroe
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 31 mi (49.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 39 mi (62.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Clitheroe
Notable city landmarks like Clitheroe Castle and Whalley Abbey might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Forest of Bowland. Additionally, you might want to add Bowland Wild Boar Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 42 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Clitheroe. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Waddington Arms - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The 3 Millstones Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- Mitton Hall Country House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffee machine. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Bronte Parsonage Museum, located 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the city centre, and Bolton Priory, which is 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away.
Getting around Clitheroe
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Clitheroe Interchange Station or Whalley Station. Clitheroe might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Clitheroe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 867 millimetres of rain falls on Clitheroe each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C