Visitors to Darwen are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, bars and gardens. Macron Stadium, Wigan Pier and DW Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Darwen
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 24.1 mi (38.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Darwen
Favourite family attractions include Wellybobs Farm Park and Splash at Riverside. Additionally, you might want to add Jubilee Tower to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 5 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Darwen. Here's a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Astley Bank Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Macron Stadium, located 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre, and Wigan Pier, which is 12.6 mi/20.2 km away.
Getting around Darwen
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Darwen Station. Darwen might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Darwen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Darwen is 867 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C