Visitors to Chorley are sure to enjoy the spas, bars and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres and theme park. Macron Stadium, DW Stadium and Wigan Pier are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Chorley
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chorley
A couple of favourite places to visit are Astley Hall and Botany Bay Mill Shopping Centre. In the area, you'll also find Macron Stadium and DW Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Chorley. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oak Royal Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Shaw Hill Golf Resort & Spa Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- The Hartwood Hall Hotel by Greene King Inns - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Wigan Pier, 8.1 mi/13 km from the heart of the city, and Heaton Park, which is 17.5 mi (28.1 km) away.
Getting around Chorley
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Chorley Station, Buckshaw Parkway Station or Euxton Balshaw Lane Station. Chorley might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chorley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Chorley gets about 858.30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C