Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Wrightington has to offer. DW Stadium, Wigan Pier and Macron Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 1142 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wrightington
Notable places to visit in the larger region include DW Stadium, Wigan Pier and Macron Stadium. In the area, you'll also find Croxteth Hall and Country Park and Anfield Road Stadium.
As you start planning your visit to Wrightington, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 77 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- The Liner Hotel is located 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the heart of Wrightington. This 3-star hotel in Liverpool features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Titanic Hotel Liverpool is 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from central Wrightington. This 4-star hotel in Liverpool features a restaurant, free WiFi and a health club. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Staycity Aparthotels Liverpool Waterfront is 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the centre of Wrightington. This aparthotel in Liverpool features free WiFi, a fitness centre and a coffee shop. Our customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Popular places to see around the area include Haydock Park Racecourse, located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre, and Leigh Sports Village, which is 10.9 mi/17.5 km away.
Dressing for Wrightington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Wrightington is 31 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C