Visitors to Ormskirk are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and university setting. Top sights around the area include DW Stadium, Croxteth Hall and Country Park and Wigan Pier.
- You'll find 697 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 29.2 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ormskirk
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Edge Hill University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Ormskirk. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Birches Brow Boutique Guestrooms - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its quiet location and WiFi.
- The Farm Burscough - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
Popular places to visit outside the city include DW Stadium, located 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city centre, and Croxteth Hall and Country Park, which is 10 mi/16 km away.
Getting around Ormskirk
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Ormskirk Station, Burscough Junction Station or New Lane Station. Ormskirk may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ormskirk
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 858.30 millimetres of rain falls on Ormskirk each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C